Thursday, 9 February 2012

The Time Traveller's Wife

Eric Bana is GORGEOUS.

How I have not noticed him before? I would watch The Time Travellers' Wife over and over and over again just to stare at his gorgeous deep brown eyes. Although if tonight's viewing is anything to go by I would need to get a serious supply of tissues at the ready ...I literally booed my eyes out!

I read The Time Traveller's Wife a few years ago and could not put it down. The story was fascinating, exciting, intriguing and different. I fell in love with it instantly and thoroughly enjoyed every word, sentence, page and chapter. Audrey Niffenegger had gained herself a new fan and when the film landed in the cinema's not long after I was desperate to see it. For some reason I didn't though, I'm not even sure why now. However, nearly three years later I see that it's on TV and of course I just have to watch it ...well record it and watch it at my own convenience of course, as is the modern way.

So tonight, chores done, kids in bed, I sat down with a nice hot cuppa and not nearly enough tissues

...and fell in love with Eric Bana!

But aside from that... it was so interesting to see the book as a film. My opinon of the film is strangely split though. On one hand it missed out huge, huge chunks of my beloved (and I would go so far as to say favourite) book and seemed to rush past others parts perhaps too much as well. On the other hand it was beautiful. Just a beautiful representation of the book. And I think that is the key to this film. I don't think I would have enjoyed the film as much had I not read the book. To be honest I'm not sure I would have even really 'got' the film had it not been for the pre-reading of the book.

Having read the book first and anticipated the film, I've got to say, I loved it ...inspite of it's disappointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment