Thursday, 12 January 2012

Taking the positives

The most frustrating thing about all this, is that breaking up has shown us where we went wrong, which is actually a great positive because it shows us how we can be together without those wrongs. We could both continue with our new found independence yet still have the support, love and affection of our best friend there for those times that we need it.

In getting back together we could share the cost of living with two full time incomes on one home ...leaving us both more money to spend and save! (I dread to think how much the actual break up itself is going to cost us both). By saving money we could afford more holidays together ...and separately with our friends of course... I'm not giving up my girlie adventure with Lady H that is planned! We could clear out and renovate the garage into a guitar room/band practise area for him and I could fund my own hobbies and finally get that garden looking all nice and tidy and pretty ...and perhaps even save for that piano I've always wanted. Basically we would both be living life together but without relying on or taking advantage of the other. Just enjoying it day by day. And of course we could both be truly happy without that niggle-ly horrible feeling of a broken heart that's being held together by some very unreliable tape! But this is all irrelevant right now. And there are many positives to be taken from moving on too...

One of those positives being a new home for me and the kids. This evening I'm off to my first house viewing ...a lovely looking three bedroom house in quite a nice area. Just think the kids will have a bedroom each! (They currently share bunk beds in our two bed maisonette). Not to mention I'll have space to grow my freelance business from home. And I can finally invest in a wardrobe that has ample space for my clothes and pretty things ...unless of course I decide the boys can remain sharing to allow the third room to become my walk-in-wardrobe! Ha. It's all quite exciting! But lets not get ahead of ourselves before I've even viewed the first property!

No comments:

Post a Comment