I'm struggling to get to sleep tonight. Possible due to the excessive amount of home made mochas I have drunk, the excessive amount of time I've spent staring at a computer screen studying today (and blogging and social networking and the rest of course!) and possibly due to the excessively loud volume of my iPod when I first came to bed, which has now left my ears ringing (when will I learn!). Obviously the situation is not being helped now by my iPhone being in my hands and me tapping away at another blog post! But it's something to do.
A temporary case of insomnia such as this, makes me think back to when I was little and I couldn't sleep. I would often wonder into the kitchen to find my nan sat with some warm milk suffering the same issue. She would show me little word games to play and we'd sit and try to out wit each other until our eyelids finally weighed more than our bodies were willing to deal with, and we could finally slope off to bed and enter our dream worlds. Unfortunately as a chronic nightmare sufferer my dream world wasn't always the best place for me but something about these little midnight meetings and word games would nearly always secure a pleasant nights sleep. And so it's a memory I often look back on when my bodies fighting against the need to rest.
Many a time since I've found replaying that memory in my mind is enough to finally help me slip into sleepiness ...and in saying that, I think it may just have done the trick again.
No comments:
Post a Comment